Lethbridge ‘Caps to College
Be part of the Whitecaps Collegiate network. Led by Sam Heap (Whitecaps FC Lethbridge head coach), and supported by Whitecaps Manager of Collegiate Transition Ryan Clark, the Lethbridge ‘Caps 2 College (C2C) academy provides players with the best opportunity to play in college and university with Whitecaps head coaching staff and college transition experts. 2009-2007 players are selected for specialized C2C training, Showcase events, and Scholarship strategy planning.
The Whitecaps are in partnership with LSA – Lethbridge Soccer Association. This includes our head coach, delivering a technical services contract and connecting LSA players and staff to enhanced opportunities and resources within the Whitecaps club system and Canadian network.
2 Sessions a week (total: 40 Sessions), including:
- Fitness Testing
- Education Sessions
- Guest Coaches Sessions
- Pre-Tournament Meeting
- Meeting with Collegiate Manager Ryan Clark
- Execute your scholarship strategy
- How the recruiting process works
- Get the tools for success and promotion.
- Develop an attractive player profile and video
- Get your profile on the Whitecaps recruiting portal
- Accelerate qualities prized by collegiate coaches
- Maximize conditioning, nutrition and mental toughness
- Learn baseline fitness measurements and testing protocols
- Showcase your talent at travel events/tournaments
About the Program
Age Group: 2009-2007
Location: Servus Sports Centre
Period: Nov 6 – Jun 24 (Junior) | Nov 7 – Jun 25 (Senior)
– January: PacNW Winter Classic in Seattle
– April: Whitecaps Academy Centre Showcase in Vancouver
Meetups: Two events in Cranbrook (to be held in late Nov/Early Dec & Early March)
Price: $1,000 + taxes and fees.
All accepted players will be asked to commit to the following annual payment information:
- On registration: $168 + taxes and fees.
- 5 automated credit card payments of $168 + taxes and fees: December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1.
Fees do not Include:
– Required Training Kit. Please click on the Apparel tab.
– Any scheduled travel events. Transportation, accommodation, food, and supervision are a separate fee from the payment plan.
The Lethbridge Caps to College Program works in collaboration with the Lethbridge Soccer Association and all players must be active and in good standing with their respective Lethbridge FC Competitive program. Whitecaps FC maintains the right to make the player selections for the program
- Nov: 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27
- Dec: 1, 4, 8
- Jan: 5, 8, 22, 26, 29
- Feb: 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26
- Mar: 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
- May: 6, 13, 20, 27
- Jun: 3, 10, 17, 24
- Nov: 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28
- Dec: 1, 5, 8
- Jan: 5, 9, 23, 26, 30
- Feb: 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27
- Mar: 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29
- May: 7, 14, 21, 28
- Jun: 4, 11, 18, 25
All players require a Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre training kit (jersey, shorts, socks):
– Mandatory: Jersey ($56.25 + taxes), shorts ($33.75 + taxes), socks ($14.75 + taxes)
Players do have the option to purchase a Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre track suit:
– Optional: Jacket ($78.75 + taxes), pants ($67.50 + taxes)
– Important note: any players that participate in any showcase events or travel trips will be required to wear a track suit for the event.
Note for all apparel – Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
BMO Lethbridge Academy Head Coach
Birthplace: Accrington, Lancashire, England
Years with Whitecaps FC: 6
Previous Clubs: Nelson Youth Soccer, East Kootenay Youth Soccer, Lethbridge Soccer Association
Certifications: BA Hons. Degree Sports Coaching & Development, CSA National Licence, FA level 2
Playing Experience: Clitheroe FC, Nelson FC, Rossendale United FC, Colne FC, Padiham FC
Coaching Experience: Clitheroe FC, Nelson FC
Manager; Collegiate Transition & Identification Events
Birthplace: Vancouver, BC
Hometown: Port Moody, BC
Years with Whitecaps FC: 6
Certifications: Degree in Marketing & Public Relations from Univ. of Illinois, Canadian Management Centre Certification through Simon Fraser Univ. in business strategic planning, Sport for Life 501-working with athletes with disabilities, completed Aboriginal Coaching Modules training, Respect in Sport Leader Program
Professional: Players aspire to reach and play for the Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer (MLS)
Development Squad: An extension of the First Team, bridging the club’s top academy prospects and MLS roster
BMO Academy Centres: A coast-to-coast network of Centres and staff identify young talent and provide a gateway to professional soccer, scholarships, and national teams programs, including a pathway to Vancouver with the Boys MLS Academy and the Girls Elite REX program
Camps / Tournaments / Clinics: Events and camps provide opportunities to be developed and identified
The Lethbridge Caps to College Program works in collaboration with the Lethbridge Soccer Association and all players must be active and in good standing with their respective Lethbridge FC Competitive program. Whitecaps FC maintains the right to make the player selections for the program.
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct establishes principles for team officials, players, parents, guardians, and spectators to ensure soccer is a fun, safe, and positive experience for all. It is a condition that all participants read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times. Failure to comply with them will result in action from Whitecaps FC.
- Respect everyone and everything
- Leave things better off then you found them
- Do the best you can
For more information on our Code of Conduct, please click here.
At Whitecaps FC providing a safe and supportive environment for athletes to practice, learn, compete, and achieve their best is one of our primary objectives. We are committed to creating and maintaining an equitable, and non-discriminatory environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Please click here for more information on Safe Sport.
1. Received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
2. Received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
3. Received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
4. Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
5. Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
6. No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
7. Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
8. In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
9. Every player participating in the academy is required to be registered with a soccer club in their province.
Whitecaps FC Administration – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.855.932.1932