Calgary ‘Caps to College
The Calgary ‘Caps to College (C2C) academy provides both players who have graduated from Whitecaps FC Prospects programs and additional invited players with the best opportunity to play in college and university with Whitecaps head coaching staff and college transition experts.
U16 to U18 players are selected for specialized C2C training, showcase events, and scholarship strategy planning. Players who are excelling may be invited out for opportunities in Vancouver.
- Execute your scholarship strategy
- How the recruiting process works
- Get the tools for success and promotion.
- Develop an attractive player profile and video
- Get your profile on the Whitecaps recruiting portal
- Accelerate qualities prized by collegiate coaches
- Maximize conditioning, nutrition and mental toughness
- Learn baseline fitness measurements and testing protocols
- Showcase your talent at travel events/tournaments
About the Program
Boys and Girls
Age Group: U16-U18 (2007 – 2005)
– Monday 4:30 – 6:00 pm
On Field: 23 Sessions (September to April)
– Bi-weekly Strength and Conditioning Sessions
Dates: Registrants will be emailed schedule
Location: Calgary Soccer Centre
All accepted players will be asked to commit to the following annual payment information:
– $1150 + taxes and fees
– On registration: $150
– 6 automated credit card payments of $200, Oct 15, Nov 15, Dec 15 , Jan 15, Feb 15.
Fees do not Include:
– Required Training Kit: Please click on the Apparel tab.
Any scheduled travel events. Transportation, accommodation, food, and supervision are a separate fee from the payment plan.
All players require a Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre training kit (jersey, shorts, socks):
– Mandatory: Jersey ($56.25 + taxes), shorts ($33.75 + taxes), socks ($14.75 + taxes)
Players do have the option to purchase a Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre track suit:
– Optional: Jacket ($78.75 + taxes), pants ($67.50 + taxes)
– Important note: any players that participate in any showcase events or travel trips will be required to wear a track suit for the event.
Note for all apparel – Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
Whitecaps FC Girls Head Coach – Calgary BMO Academy Centre
Birthplace: Barrie, ON
Hometown: Beeton, ON
Years with Whitecaps FC: 1
Previous Clubs: Vaughan Soccer Club; Richmond Hill Soccer Club; Newmarket Soccer Club; Bryst Football Academy
Certifications: National B (trained); Canada Soccer Youth Licence (Candidate); Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA); Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Psychology
Playing Experience: AO Trikala, Greece; Graceland University, Iowa (NAIA)
Coaching Experience: York University Assistant Coach; Vaughan Soccer Club Women’s High-Performance Coach & OPDL Coach; Toronto Metropolitain University Assistant Coach; Guyana Women’s U20 Assistant Coach
Whitecaps FC Boys Head Coach – Calgary BMO Academy Centre
Birthplace: Fredericton, NB
Hometown: Fredericton, NB
Previous Clubs: Calgary Rangers Soccer Club, Calgary Foothills Soccer Club, Fredericton District Soccer Association
Certifications: Bachelor of Recreation and Sports Studies, Canada Soccer A License, Youth License (pending), Coach Developer – Learning Facilitator
Playing Experience: University of New Brunswick, AUS; Fredericton Reds, NBPSL; Fredericton District Soccer Association, NBSL
Coaching Experience: Head Coach – Fredericton Reds; Program Manager – Fredericton District Soccer Association; Assistant Coach – University of New Brunswick Men; Assistant Coach – Mount Royal University Men; Academy Director – Calgary Rangers Soccer Club
Manager; Collegiate Transition & Identification Events
Birthplace: Vancouver, BC
Hometown: Port Moody, BC
Years with Whitecaps FC: 6
Certifications: Degree in Marketing & Public Relations from Univ. of Illinois, Canadian Management Centre Certification through Simon Fraser Univ. in business strategic planning, Sport for Life 501-working with athletes with disabilities, completed Aboriginal Coaching Modules training, Respect in Sport Leader Program
Professional: Players aspire to reach and play for the Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer (MLS)
Development Squad: An extension of the First Team, bridging the club’s top academy prospects and MLS roster
BMO Academy Centres: A coast-to-coast network of Centres and staff identify young talent and provide a gateway to professional soccer, scholarships, and national teams programs, including a pathway to Vancouver with the Boys MLS Academy and the Girls Elite REX program
Camps / Tournaments / Clinics: Events and camps provide opportunities to be developed and identified
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct establishes principles for team officials, players, parents, guardians, and spectators to ensure soccer is a fun, safe, and positive experience for all. It is a condition that all participants read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times. Failure to comply with them will result in action from Whitecaps FC.
- Respect everyone and everything
- Leave things better off then you found them
- Do the best you can
For more information on our Code of Conduct, please click here.
At Whitecaps FC providing a safe and supportive environment for athletes to practice, learn, compete, and achieve their best is one of our primary objectives. We are committed to creating and maintaining an equitable, and non-discriminatory environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Please click here for more information on Safe Sport.
All new policies and procedures were set in accordance with Canada Soccer’s Return to Soccer guidelines.
Here’s an overview of all the new processes and procedures we’re introducing.
- Safety Officer at every location
- Enhanced hygiene and sanitization
- Comprehensive, carefully-planned procedures
For more information on Safety Protocols, please click here.
1. Received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
2. Received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
3. Received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
4. Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
5. Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
6. No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
7. Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
8. In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
9. Every player participating in the academy is required to be registered with a soccer club in their province.
Whitecaps FC Administration – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.855.932.1932