Calgary ‘Caps to College
Be part of the Whitecaps Collegiate network. Led by Ewan Fisher, Alberta head coach, and supported by Whitecaps Manager of Collegiate Transition Ryan Clark, the Calgary ‘Caps to College (C2C) academy provides both players who have graduated from Whitecaps FC Full-time programs and additional invited players with the best opportunity to play in college and university with Whitecaps head coaching staff and college transition experts. U16 to U17 players are selected for specialized C2C training, Showcase events, and Scholarship strategy planning. Players who are excelling may be invited out for opportunities in Vancouver
By evaluation and selection only
1. Execute your scholarship strategy through workshops and presentations
- How the recruiting process works
- Get the tools for success and promotion to targeted schools.
- Develop an attractive player profile and quality highlight video.
2. Accelerate qualities prized by collegiate coaches
- Perform On-field with specialized technical sessions
- Maximize conditioning, nutrition and mental toughness.
- Learn baseline fitness measurements and testing protocols.
3. Showcase your talent at travel events/tournaments
- Note: Any travel events are pending provincial guidelines and Covid restrictions
Calgary ‘Caps to College
Practice Day: Friday
Time: 4:30 – 6:00 pm
Dates: Nov 6, 13, 20, 27
Apr 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
May 7, 14, 28
Jun 4, 11, 18, 25
Jul 9, 30
Aug 6, 13, 20
All new players require a Whitecaps FC BMO Academy Centre training kit and track suit:
- Valid for at least two years
- Mandatory training kit: jersey $50 + taxes
- Optional: shorts $30, socks $10 + taxes
- Optional track suit: jacket $70, pants $60 + taxes
Important Note: Please use this sizing chart for your order. Exchanges will not be available.
All accepted players are asked to commit to the following annual payment information:
Fees: $980 + GST (Required apparel is not included)
- $180 + tax due upon acceptance into the program
- $160 + tax in automatic monthly payments from your credit card on Nov 15, Dec 15, Jan 15, Feb 15, Mar 15
Fees include the following:
- Scholarship strategy planning presentations & workshops
- On-field specialized technical training sessions
- Strength and conditioning, nutrition and psychology support
- Baseline testing and evaluation measurements
- Your profiles on the Whitecaps online recruiting portal
Fees do not cover any scheduled travel events
- Any transportation, accommodation, food, and supervision are a separate fee from the monthly payment plan
Any travel events are pending provincial guidelines and Covid restrictions
Manager; Collegiate Transition & Identification Events
Birthplace: Vancouver, BC
Hometown: Port Moody, BC
Years with Whitecaps FC: 6
Certifications: Degree in Marketing & Public Relations from Univ. of Illinois, Canadian Management Centre Certification through Simon Fraser Univ. in business strategic planning, Sport for Life 501-working with athletes with disabilities, completed Aboriginal Coaching Modules training, Respect in Sport Leader Program
Alberta Academy Centre Head Coach
Birthplace: Oxford, England
Hometown: Glasgow, Scotland
Years with Whitecaps FC: 4
Previous Clubs: Scottish Football Association, Hamilton Accies, New York Red Bulls
Certifications: UEFA A Licence, BA (hons) Sports Management – Glasgow Caledonian University
Playing Experience: Glasgow Rangers, Queens Park, Glasgow Caledonian University, Manhattan Celtic
Coaching Experience: Broomhill Sports club youth coach, Scottish Football Association Development Coach, Hamilton Accies Youth Coach, New York Red Bulls lead development coach, Whitecaps Academy Centres Head Coach
It starts with a goal
Whitecaps FC and BMO share a commitment to developing soccer talent across the country. With World Cup 2026 fast approaching, the Whitecaps FC BMO Academy System helps provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
> BMO ACADEMY CENTRES
Provincial Centres are in many cases in partnership with provincial soccer associations. Players identified here have a pathway to the Whitecaps Boys Residency and Girls Elite REX programs in Vancouver. BC Centres are part of the local pathway and provide players with an opportunity to support selection to the BCSPL (BC Soccer Premier League), as well as the Whitecaps Prospects, and full time academies. All centres are supported by the Whitecaps Caps to College program.
> PRE-BOYS MLS ACADEMY AND PRE-GIRLS ELITE
Prior to entering the Boys MLS Academy and Girls Elite REX teams, players can also be selected into the Full time and funded Whitecaps FC Pre-MLS Academy and Whitecaps FC Pre-Girls Elite program. Players at U-14 players train four times per week with regular competitive matches against select competition which also includes tournament travel. In addition a part-time U-13 program includes select players remaining with their BCSPL club, and training with Whitecaps FC once per week.
> WHITECAPS FC BOYS MLS ACADEMY
A full-time, fully funded player development program. The Academy is designed to maximize a player’s potential on and off the field through a “soccer lifestyle” philosophy linking technical, personal development and education. The program includes over 65 players with the Academy housing U-15, U-17 and U-19 teams that play in the new MLS Elite Youth Development League.
The Academy continues to develop top young talent from across Canada at the club’s new Whitecaps FC National Soccer Development Centre (NSDC) which opened in 2017. In the past year, five players from the Academy ranks have signed MLS contracts with the Whitecaps FC first team, with Academy graduate Alphonso Davies making an MLS record transfer to perennial German Bundesliga
> WHITECAPS FC GIRLS ELITE REX
Whitecaps FC, BC Soccer, and Canada Soccer have partnered together to deliver a Super REX (Regional EXCEL) Centre, which brings together top female prospects from across Canada to attend school, train, and play together on a daily basis.
This Super Rex program is one of only three in Canada – (BC, Ontario and Quebec) welcoming the very best U-14 to U-18 high performance female players on a pathway to national team and scholastic opportunities.
Across Canada the Whitecaps FC identify and select players by working together with Canada Soccer, and through official partnerships with the provincial associations of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. Recent Academy graduate Jordyn Huitema is a key member of the Canadian national team and has recently signed with French Division 1 club Paris Saint-Germain.
> WHITECAPS CAPS TO COLLEGE
College and university scholarship opportunities are one of the goals of the BMO Academy System. Players have support from Whitecaps head coaching staff and college transition experts to prepare for the best opportunity to play in college and university.
Off Field the program is Led by Whitecaps Manager of Collegiate Transition, Ryan Clark who works towards supporting and executing player scholarship strategies.
> WHITECAPS BMO ACADEMY CENTRE HPP (High Potential Prospects)
Recognizing the need to connect players across the academy network beyond training, the Whitecaps HPP program provides some exciting network opportunities, incentives and recruitment for identified players while training in their respective academy locations.
- Influence and identify HPP’s across BC
- Specialized training and event opportunities in Vancouver.
- Training and competing with Whitecaps FC Academy centre teams at selected tournaments.
- Scouting opportunities and placement with partnered BCSPL clubs.
- Influence and identify HPP’s across Canada
- Player identification events for entry into Whitecaps FC Boys MLS Academy and Girls Elite REX Programs
U13 and U14 – (2007 & 2006)
- November – Select teams invited from each BMO provincial academy centre
- February – Small group of players may return February for further assessment
- April – Smaller group of players come back in April for further assessment
- May – Final selections
U15 and U16 – potential U17 and U18
- March break – Team combine
- Players identified – either stay for another week or come back in April
- May – Final selections
Professional: Players aspire to reach and play for the Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer (MLS)
Development Squad: An extension of the First Team, bridging the club’s top academy prospects and MLS roster
BMO Academy Centres: A coast-to-coast network of Centres and staff identify young talent and provide a gateway to professional soccer, scholarships, and national teams programs, including a pathway to Vancouver with the Boys MLS Academy and the Girls Elite REX program.
Camps / Tournaments / Clinics: Events and camps provide opportunities to be developed and identified
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct establishes principles for team officials, players, parents, guardians, and spectators to ensure soccer is a fun, safe, and positive experience for all. It is a condition that all participants read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times. Failure to comply with them will result in action from Whitecaps FC.
- Respect everyone and everything
- Leave things better off then you found them
- Do the best you can
For more information on our Code of Conduct, please click here.
At Whitecaps FC providing a safe and supportive environment for athletes to practice, learn, compete, and achieve their best is one of our primary objectives. We are committed to creating and maintaining an equitable, and non-discriminatory environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Please click here for more information on Safe Sport.
All new policies and procedures were set in accordance with Canada Soccer’s Return to Soccer guidelines.
Here’s an overview of all the new processes and procedures we’re introducing.
- Safety Officer at every location
- Enhanced hygiene and sanitization
- Comprehensive, carefully-planned procedures
For more information on Safety Protocols, please click here.
1. Received more than 14 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 10% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
2. Received less than 14 days but more than 2 days before the start of a phase, will be subject to a 20% administration fee on the registration amount paid.
3. Received less than 2 days before the start of a phase will not be granted.
4. Registration refunds for medical reasons can only be processed upon receipt of a note from a medical professional. These refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee, plus a fee for any sessions transpired.
5. Approved refunds can take up to six weeks to process.
6. No partial refunds will be issued for individual sessions missed by the participant.
7. Whitecaps FC reserves the right to move players to the appropriate training group.
8. In the event that a session is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
9. Every player participating in the academy is required to be registered with a soccer club in their province.
Whitecaps FC Administration – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.855.932.1932